Since we have now now the danger to advertise a variety of utterly other units by the use of our eBay Drop Off Retailer, positive problems start to stick out that seem to advertise extremely successfully. One products that sticks out are the vintage BEAR Recurve Bows.
Lately on an out of town adventure we stopped by way of an antique store like we continuously do and spotted this recurve bow throughout the corner. Since we were already significantly conscious about how successfully bows have introduced from selling them for a client we naturally gravitated to it. It in superb state of affairs and were given right here with a quiver and 3 utterly other gadgets of arrows. The asking price was once $100.00 and we in any case gained it all for $75.00.
Based most commonly at the courting procedures indexed underneath we made up our minds that this was once a Fred Bear Kodiak Recurve bow from 1965 in superb state of affairs. It was once a 60″ bow with a 44# pull.
After we gained the bow to our store we seen that throughout the massive quiver was once a smaller unmarried quiver. Based most commonly on a lightweight embossed marking in this smaller, leather quiver that we pulled out we were ready to this point it to the past due 1940’s.
We decided to break this up into 3 utterly other auctions and started all 3 at $nine.99. The results of the auctions are indexed at the end of this newsletter.
DATING YOUR FRED BEAR BOW
There are a variety of choices and adjustments that were made to the endure bows over the years that can help slim the age of your bow or your attainable investment.
1. The Serial Quantity: These bows continuously have, what appears to be a hand inscription on one of the limbs that gives a serial amount at the side of the scale and pull weight of the bow. This serial amount works very successfully for courting Bear Bows from 1965-1969 when the main digit of the serial amount is the 12 months of manufacture.
For example, a serial number of 5L212 can be a 1965 Bow.
Previous to 1965, the serial numbers for all Bear bows were started over every month, making those bows just about impossible prior to now by way of serial amount on my own. The “Okay” number of serial numbers (as an example KZ9672) were started in 1970.
2. Patent Mark: A large number of the BEAR Bows we have now now introduced have the logo and america Patents published on it at the side of the date of CANADA 1953. This date that’s published on all bows made between 1953 and 1972 is solely the date of the patent for a running recurve limb and has not anything to do with the suitable model 12 months.
3. Decals & Silkscreening: In 1948 the small Operating Bear sticky label was once first and then was once modified by way of the large Standing Bear sticky label in mid-1953. The large Standing Bear sticky label moreover has the words “Glass Powered Bow” beneath the Standing Bear.
The large Standing Bear sticky label was once used until 1955 when it was once modified with silk-screening the identity at the bows. By 1956 the silk-screening gave the impression on all bows.
4. All Wooden vs Laminate: In case your bow is ALL wood (no laminations of any shape) then your bow had to be made previous than the mass productions beginning in 1949.
- If the ALL wood bow has a stamp that reads “Bear Merchandise” in some sort it’ll were made previous than the early to mid 40’s.
- Whether it’s stamped “Bear Archery” it’ll were made AFTER the early-mid 40’s and BEFORE 1949.
- Additionally wooden bows with a small “Operating Bear” sticky label could also be dated to 1948
five. The Leather-based Grip: ALL Bear bows had leather grips until 1959. In 1959, the Kodiak Particular eradicated the leather grip and in 1961 the Kodiak did the equivalent, along with the Grizzly in 1964.
6. The Coin Medallion: Starting in 1959 all Bear bows had a coin medallion of one more or less metal or one different. Under are the approx date levels for the type of coin used.
Copper Coin – 1959
Aluminum – 1960-1961
Pewter – 1962
Brass – 1963 – 1970
Nickel-Silver – 1971-1972
ALL money were flush with the wood until 1972. In past due 1972 the coin was once raised above the ground of the bow and were given right here in every gold and chrome covered plastic and are however used in Bear bows at the moment.
7. Producer Location: in 1978 Bear moved all production and puts of labor to Gainesville, Florida. In case your bow reveals Gainesville on it then it was once made after 1978
8. Mannequin Of The Bow: Examine the Mannequin of the bow. Under is a annually production chart for the most popular Bear Bows.
Wooden Deal with Take-Down 1969-1972
Wooden C-Riser Victor Customized 1973-1975
Magnesium Deal with Take-Down A-B-C 1971-1978
Kodiak Static Recurve 1950-1953
Kodiak Recurve 1954-1966
Tremendous Kodiak 1967-1976
Grizzly Static Recurve 1949-1957
Grizzly Recurve 1958-1978
Tremendous Magnum 48 1966-1976
Kodiak Magnum 52″ 1961-1977
Kodiak Hunter 58″ and 60″ 1967-1977
Tamerlane HC-30 1965-1967
Tamerlane HC-300 1968-1972
Kodiak Particular 1955-1967
Victor Patriot 1973-1977
Polar (recurve) 1957-1970
Alaskan (leather grip semi-recurve) 1959-1961
Alaskan (recurve) 1966-1970
Black Bear 1972-1978
Little Bear 1965-1978
With this data it’s perfect to have the ability to get in truth close to courting your Bear Bow if no longer pin-pointing it to the 12 months.
In case you are attempting to worth your bow I’d suggest first logging into your eBay account and do a Accomplished Public sale Search at the general keywords that fit your bow, i.e. Bear Grizzly Recurve and spot what has introduced previously 30 days.
Our eBay Outcomes: Inside 6 hours of listing our 1965 Bear Bow on its own starting at $nine.99 it had already reached $152.50 which was once exciting alternatively founded most commonly on our research no longer surprising. What was once surprising was once that it stayed at $152.50 for the next 6 days. On the general day with 8 mins left it was once up to $182.50 with over 40 watchers. Often on some of these auctions we’re more likely to refresh and refresh and refresh the general public sale the entire means through which to the highest to take a look at the bidding alternatively we gained busy writing further listings and forgot. After we did be mindful to go back and read about the general public sale it was once over and had ended at $282.55
The reverse 2 auctions for the quivers and arrows introduced for a whole of $80.00. So our initial $75.00 Funding at an antique store resulted in $362.55 in product sales. That was once just about a $300.00 income (minus gasoline and eBay fees in spite of everything).
Return back to New Year Facebook Status, New Year Gift Ideas, New Year Greetings, New Year Jokes 2019, New Year Messages 2019 (Msgs), New Year Quotes 2019, New Year Sms 2019, New Year Texts 2018, New Year WhatsApp Status 2019, New Year Wishes 2019
Return back to Home